Thursday, December 22, 2022

Sustainable Holiday Gift Ideas Featuring Woolly Clothing

I received pieces from Woolly clothing in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own. I may collect a share of sales from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them.

           As a fan of comfortable garments, I was delighted to receive sustainable active wear  from Woolly Clothing. All of their products are made from 100% Australian Merino wool. The wool is recyclable and it comes from 100 years of sustainable farming in Australia. Typically, I do not like wearing wool fabrics because they are itchy and stiff. However,  I found these wool pieces from Woolly clothing to be very soft and breathable.  Also, I recommend these items  for outdoor activities, when it might be a bit chilly. I paired the black cropped tank top with the pro-knit skort in stone to shop at an outdoor winter market. I think you could also go to a farmer's market or walk along the beach when it is windy in this outfit.


https://twitter.com/harryworewhat/status/547262946251120640?lang=en

         One of my hobbies is repurposing clothes in my free time and recreating Harry Style's outfits. Since I was planning on going to Harry's Pleasing holiday popup in LA, I thought it would be fun to style and decorate an old shirt of my mom's. My goal was to make it look similar to the reclaimed Christmas Tree sweatshirt Harry Styles wore on the Jimmy Fallon Tonight Show. I painted baubles from old costume jewelry I had made and added a scrap of elastic. I had plenty of left over rhinestones from bedazzling an Elton John Dodger's shirt so, this was surprisingly only my second  time using a hot tool. I own all of the nail polish's. I wore the shade Harry's Chair, from the Hot Holiday collection. This was the only Harry Styles pop up that I did not go to, as it was super hot out. These polishes are also extremely sustainable.  For example, the beautiful caps are partially made from recycled materials.

          The Woolly clothing pro-knit cropped  hoodie in stone and the marigold joggers were a perfect sustainable outfit to match the renewable theme of Your (Un)natural Garden exhibit at the Descanso Gardens. Adam Schwerner's pieces can be categorized in the style of art known as Found Object.  The Big Arch is the name of the sculpture that is seen in the photo I am modeling the Woolly clothing hoodie and joggers. The entire exhibit had similar tree like structures. They are comprised  entirely of reclaimed wood from a recycling center, that would have become mulch if the artist had not used it to create these sculptures. However, he mentions that  they will recycle these particular pieces when the art is no longer on display. I was able to take a long walk around the huge hilled garden space and not feel overheated from wearing my Woolly clothing. Thus,  I definitely will wear these on another a long walk or hike.

Shirt: ALNK.TO/2UDGHRV

Skort: http://ALNK.TO/9BQTYVV

Hoodie: https://alnk.to/caZnMT8

Joggers: https://alnk.to/goXzksp

If you still need a last minute present then shop Woolly's 20% holiday sale or get a gift cards: https://alnk.to/1C3XpPv

0 comments: